Dot's Place Animal Haven
Every year thousands of pets die in shelters. Dot's Place Animal Haven is committed to keeping dogs and cats out of shelters when we can and finding them forever homes. Are you willing to help?
There are a number of ways you can donate to our rescue and help the animals that we are dedicated to:
1. You can donate money via credit or debit card or your Paypal account by clicking on the "Donate" button to the right, which will take you to Paypal. Money is used for everything from purchasing needed medication, clinic supplies, cleaning supplies, wood shavings (for both kennel bedding and cat litter), kennel supplies...pretty much anything you would buy for your own pet, we buy massive quantities of that every year. In addition, our utility bills are much higher than your normal homeowner because we have to keep the animals warm or cool depending on the time of year, and we use lots and lots of water.
2. You can donate to reduce our veterinary bills. We use Foxnest Animal Hospital in Seneca, South Carolina for all of our animals, and our vet bill sometimes runs into the thousands of dollars. You can call them at 864-882-4488 with a credit or debit card and tell them you are donating to Denise Painter's account.
3. You can go to our Amazon Wish List (see the box to the right) and purchase supplies from there to be shipped directly to us. If it's on the Wish List, we need it.
4. If you live in the area you can stop by the Rabbit Box on Highway 93 in Central near Southern Wesleyan University and buy us a bag of Diamond Maintenance or Taste Of The Wild Canyon River Formula Cat Food. Let them know it is for us and drop us a note to let us know it is there and we will pick it up. Unfortunately they do not do phone orders.
5. You can call Oakway Farm and Garden in Oakway, SC and purchase a bag of Southern States Cat Food (we've recently discovered this and it's not bad) or Country Value Cat Food for us. SS comes in an 18 lb bag for $13.77 w/tax and a 40 lb bag for $27.03 w/tax. Country Value comes in a 20 lb bag for $13.77 w/tax. Let them know you're donating the food to Dot's Place Animal Haven. Their number is 864-972-8900.
6. You can call Benson's Farm Supply in Walhalla, SC and purchase a bag of Diamond Maintenance Cat Food (our favorite!). The 20 lb bag is 16.95 plus tax, and the 40 lb bag is 28.95 plus tax. Benson's phone number is 864-638-9316 and let them know you're donating to Dot's Place Animal Haven.
7. You can go to Tractor Supply's Website (click for a new widow to open) and order us a 20 lb bag of Diamond Maintenance or go to Tractor Supply's Website (click for a new window to open) and order us a 15 lb bag of Taste Of The Wild Canyon River formula (for our IBS kitties - it works wonders!) and specify "ship to store" at checkout -- our store is Seneca, SC store #1210. The person picking up would be Denise Painter and afterwards you'd need to email a copy of the receipt to (scan and redact payment details first).
8. You can also drop off donated pet food and other supplies at the Rabbit Box in Central, SC on Hwy 93 near Southern Wesleyan University. We are always in need of the following:
Blankets, sheets, towels, used pet bedding, etc.
Crates and cages
33 or 39 gallon trash bags
Cleaning supplies like Laundry Detergent (free and clear please), Dishwashing Liquid (antibacterial), Nature's Miracle, Simple Green, Odo-Ban, Spic and Span and of course bleach.
Dry Dog Food
Dry Cat Food (Diamond is preferred - please nothing with red dye)
Wet Cat Food (pate is preferred but we appreciate all)
10 Gallon plastic bins with lids (we use them as litter boxes)
Gift cards to Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Petsmart, Walmart and anywhere else we can buy cleaning and pet supplies.